This week, your homework is to have fun. Do one thing each day that is totally childlike, something that will evoke the feeling of your own childhood in you, that will release the inner child hiding underneath the adult roles that we have been playing for the last however many years.
The idea is not to pretend to be a child again, but to bring up that feeling of pure joy in just being. To do something just for the sake of doing it, and not as a means to an end. To find value in your own beingness.
Here are some ideas to get you going:
- lie on the grass and find pictures in the clouds
- eat ice cream for dinner
- go to the park and swing on the swings
- make your whole room into a tent using furniture and blankets
- howl at the moon
- run around naked
- have a midnight feast
- do a silly walk through a shopping centre
- run in the rain
- do a puzzle
- do a finger painting
- put on some loud music and dance round your living room
- bake a batch of cookies (and don’t forget to lick the cookie dough out of the bowl)
- take a trip to the zoo or the aquarium
The possibilities are endless. Most importantly, have fun!
Wishing you a crazy, joy filled week.