Too many people abandon either wealth or spirituality because they feel uncomfortable combining the two. I found this wonderful article in the Odyssey Magazine by author and money coach, Kiki Theo, that aims to help parents to combine these two concepts for their children. Let’s create a future of kids who are both wealthy and spiritually mature.
What is Money?
- Money is energy: it’s made of the same stuff as you, me and the stars.
- Money is everywhere: waiting to be sung and danced to, waiting to take shape. Money is everywhere, and there’s lots of it for everyone.
- Money is something to approach creatively: there are many ways to shape it, create it, save it, spend it.
- Money is something light, fun and magical: it loves to make dreams come true.
- Money can help you make the world a better place.
- Money can make you glad, sad or mad: “no money” can do the same.
- Money is like the tooth fairy: it comes to those who believe.
How do you create money?
- Continue to believe in magic: believe in all the things you cannot see – dragons, angels, fairies, love, gravity, electricity, and your ability to do anything you set your mind to. One day you will use this skill to make your dreams come true.
- Believe that you can do anything: for you are made of light, just like the angels. Before you can believe in anything, you must learn to believe in yourself.
- Trust the quiet voice within: over all the advice and all the knowledge and all your other five senses put together. This is the voice that will keep you safe in the world. This is the voice that will guide you to money and beyond.
- Keep your golden heart open: it will lead you to the pot of gold. It will show you the true gold from the false.
- Believe that the world is a beautiful place: dance and laugh and rejoice in it. Life is short. Create money for useful things but also spend it on fun and foolishness and lots of chocolate.
- Trust in the goodness of others: the divine spark lives in everyone. To create wealth you will need others to help you. Learn to find the goodness which is all around you. Be open to receive help.
- Ask many questions: Question everything. Make changes. Change things for the better. Money is created when people try to answer new questions. Money flows to answer these questions. What questions will you ask of money?
- Keep faith and hope alive: continue to believe, no matter what is going on around you. Keep trusting. Believe in the impossible.
- Never give up: persist, persist, persist. But take a break to laugh and have fun. Money making is not serious.
- Do the thing that you love more than ice-cream: What do you love doing so much that you would do it without getting paid? Do that thing, but get paid lots for it.
- Adopt and maintain Kiki’s maxim: The less I work, the more I earn.
- Allow money to come to you: do not stop it with foolish ideas, bad attitude or your parents’ beliefs.
- Learn to say ‘no’: Loudly, softly, humongously, ominously, respectfully – any which way you want. Stand tall.
- Respect the ‘no’s’ of others: but allow no no’s to stand in the way of your dreams – learn that each no brings you closer to your goal. Have courage.
- Know that there will always be those that have more and those that have less than you: and that’s ok. You do not need to own everything you see. Don’t believe the adverts.
- Pay attention to your thoughts: Say no to dark and negative thinking. Do not go there. Take your mind down beautiful pathways. Create beauty inside your mind. This will help you to create the things you want.
- Pay attention to the pictures in your mind also: To create, you need lots of light. Stay away from things and people that do not add light to your life.
- Dream: fabulous, outrageous, impossible dreams. Know that you can make your dreams come true.
- Know that you are the one to make it happen: You create the money. You are the money.
- Love money and it will love you back.
- Save some money and watch it grow: you will learn patience. It takes time for a seed to become a tree. It takes time and patience for a dream to become a reality.
- Do not spend money you do not have: You must plant seeds before you can pick fruit.
- Give, to receive: Be generous. Recycle. Give away what you no longer want. Be kind. Listen. Give time, love, fun, laughter, attention.
- Most of anything you will ever need in life can be had without money: we create money ‘just in case’.
- Do not spend all of your life making money for your retirement: enjoy your money. Live life today.
- You can love both God and money: you just need to get the sequence right.
- Everything you need to learn about money, you already know: Trust yourself!
This article was taken from the Odyssey Magazine, Issue 2, 2011, p.63-65. If you enjoyed this, I highly recommend subscribing to this magazine – it is full of gems like this.